Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and we all know what that means: it’s time to show our love and appreciation for your partners, wives, moms, or motherly figures in our lives! But let’s be honest, finding the perfect gift or gesture can be a challenge. So what do new moms want for Mother’s Day?
Of course, it’s not necessarily about the material things or grand gestures. (Some of my favorite gifts have been handmade coupon books.) Instead, it’s about the little moments of validation, love, support, and connection that make motherhood meaningful.
But, here are a few gift ideas I would’ve loved as a new newly postpartum parent:
- A Postpartum Doula, we know a few good ones at Rocket City Doulas who provide days shifts and overnights.
- .A night out with friends where they can trust the person and charge and completely turn off their phone (if they want)
- A house cleaner (if cleaning the house is one of their cards in their responsibilities deck.)
- Someone to care for the pets- a dog walker, dog sitter, etc so the emotional and mental burden of caring for the pets is not on them.
- Massage and childcare planned and arranged during the massage
- Meal delivery from a “fancy” restaurant (a “fancy” definition I leave up to you!)
- New, “fancy” pajamas (again, this was specific to me. Not everyone is going to love these. But, if your significant person is a pajama fan, my guess is they’d love a super nice pair!)
These, of course, are just suggestions. It’s always best to listen to your partner’s individual needs and desires.
What about you?
What are some gift ideas that you would consider adding to this list? What do new moms want for Mother’s Day? What have been some of your favorite gifts over the years?